Thursday 30 September 2010

Letters from School



Alisdair enjoys writing letters. I mailed two that he wrote yesterday.

The first one was to "Audience Relations" at the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. In his letter he thanked the CBC for airing the program "Queen Elizabeth in 3D" that was shown the night of Alisdair's birthday.

In his letter, he said:

"It was a great show.... It was FUN to watch! My Granny and Grandpa, my Mum and my little sister, and of course me, all watched the show together. I would like to see more 3D programming in the future!

I especially enjoyed the show as my Dad was born in Scotland so I am a subject of the United Kingdom. I also found it fascinating because of the way the horses came closer to the viewer. It did seem like stuff came right out of the television screen! I found it cool that I didn't need a fancy 3D television set (or an HD television) to watch 3D! I also learnt that 3D wasn't as new as I thought it was, after seeing the man with the ball in black and white, telling about 3D. This show made my 11th birthday one to remember."

Of course we made sure to affix a stamp, that featured a photograph of the Queen herself, to that envelope!

The other letter was to the Hon. Don McMorris, Minister of Health for Saskatchewan. He asked McMorris:

"Why, when I went to go get my eyes examined, it was covered by Saskatchewan Health but when I need to go to the dentist, my Mum has to pay? I asked my Mum this question and she didn't have an answer. She suggested that I should write to you. Are my eyes more important than my teeth? .... I hope you can shed some light on this issue."

We'll be watching our mailbox to see if he gets a response to either of his letters. Wonder who he'll write to next? Maybe his Granny!

1 comment:

  1. You were meant to do this... i need to get my guys to write some letters - we haven't done that for a long time. 11 is a perfect age to do it too 'cause they're not too self conscious to put their thoughts on paper & the mechanics of actually writing are a lot easier.
    What an awesome reminder, denise!

    ReplyDelete