Tuesday 5 July 2011

KINDERGARTEN ~ Isobel Graduates ~ Off to Grade One

Tuesday, June 28th was a special afternoon ~ the elementary "Celebration of Success" was held in the school gym and, as part of the festivities, the Kindergarten students were honoured as "graduates."

The children made their own mortar board hats, which added to the atmosphere.  One of the mothers (who is from Hawaii originally) gave each child a helium filled balloon and a candy lei, to mark the occasion.

The Kindergarten class began the program by leading all those who had gathered in the singing of "O Canada."  Later, they sang two songs "Swimming" and "Beep!  Choo!  Zoom!  Honk!" and presented a story/poem "Going on a Picnic."

Singing
They were also presented with diplomas and "Winnit" awards.

Isobel's sheet of "Winnits" are for:

I Can Print My Name
I Know My Alphabet
I Know My Shapes
Terry Fox Run
Track and Field
I Know My Birthday
I Know My Phone Number and
I Know My Colours.

It's hard to believe that Isobel is heading to Grade 1 at the end of August.  So many adventures ~ with Miss Massey (who is coming from Ontario to teach a Grade 1/2 split class) ~ are yet to come!

... the mortar board hat fell off on the floor!

Mrs. Winsor and the Kindergarten graduates
Mrs. Winsor & Isobel
Kindergarten Teacher
2010 - 2011
***
Taken on Report Card Day - June 30th

No comments:

Post a Comment