|"T is for Teddy Bear" - First Sketch Tuesday entry|
I'm not quite sure how I first came across "Harmony Art Mom's" blog. She has instituted something called "Sketch Tuesday" and gets others involved in her project.
It is easier to copy and paste Barb's explanation of "Sketch Tuesday" than to come up with my own description of this weekly event. She explains:
What is Sketch Tuesday?
Every Tuesday I post a new sketch assignment on the Harmony Art Mom blog. Everyone is welcome to sketch and you do not need to sign up to participate. You can participate every week or as often as you wish since there is no commitment. I try to make the assignments open-ended so your child can interpret the assignment in a way that works for them. Every sketch is included in the slideshow so please send them in to share with other families.Parents are welcome to sketch and submit to the slideshow too.
How Do I Participate?
- 1. Read the assignment in the Tuesday blog entry.
- 2. Complete the assignment. Adults are welcome to sketch as well so feel free to sketch alongside your children.
- 3. You may add a child's name and age to the sketch if you wish. I prefer that no other information be written on the sketches.
- 4. Scan or photograph your sketch. Flickr has a size limit of 500 MB per image.
- 5. Send in the image in JPEG format to: email@example.com. Make sure to pay attention to the deadline which is Monday evening. I try my best to include late assignments but I cannot promise to always do so if you are too late. Please limit it to one sketch per person. If you can send in your sketch over the weekend, it would help me out greatly.
- 6. Come back the next Tuesday and see the slideshow! If you access the slideshow before you see the blog entry up on Tuesday mornings, it is more than likely not complete.
Note added 7/3/10: I am receiving an increasing amount of sketches that go to my SPAM box. Some of you are sending an email with blank subject lines and not typing anything in the body of the email and I think my email system recognizes it as SPAM. When you send in your sketches, could you please put Sketch Tuesday in the subject line and then in the body of the email please type something even if it just says that it is for Sketch Tuesday or the number of sketches attached? It might make a difference. Thanks for your extra effort.
Here are all the past Sketch Tuesday blog entries:Sketch Tuesday Assignments
This past week, the assignment was to Sketch something beginning with the Letter 'T.' At first Alisdair was going to draw a Tram. But then he decided a teddy bear was more appropriate for him to draw as he loves his Braw Wee Bears from Scotland! And so we submitted the sketch at the top of this blog post. Perhaps seeing his artwork on the Sketch Tuesday slideshow will be the encouragement Alisdair needs to try drawing on a more regular basis.
The Sketch Tuesday slideshow for this week is ready to view. Click on the title Terrific T and you'll be rewarded with Alisdair's teddy bear ~ as well as colourful tigers, trees, toast, turtles, a trophy, and a host of other things that begin with the letter "T." You'll also find next week's assignment - to sketch something you can make with water.
Get out your pencil and paper and get sketching! When you're finished, check out the Harmony Art Mom blog for inspiration and advice from a seasoned Homeschooling Mom!