Monday 3 January 2011

MOVIES - "Chronicles of Narnia ~ The Voyage of the Dawn Treader"


Watch this video to see interviews with the cast and Queen Elizabeth II attending the Premiere of the movie in London.

Since we are studying "The Chronicles of Narnia" and C. S. Lewis this year, Alisdair was excited about going to see "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" when it came out in local theatres.  Although we don't normally go to movies (it's just not real convenient when you have to drive for an hour to get to the show), this time it seemed like we should make the effort for this extra-curricular "homeschool" activity.

I had hoped to take Alisdair to see the movie when we were staying in the Battlefords over Christmas, however the theatre was closed. So Sunday afternoon we attended the matinee screening at the May 6 Cinema in Lloydminster.  While Alisdair and I were exploring Narnia, Isobel and her stepdad were watching "Yogi Bear."  So it was a fun outing for the entire family!

Here is a photo of our ticket stub:

$18 for one adult and one child under 12

Aren't these "Cool" 3D glasses??
 Alisdair didn't want to take them off!

 
Alisdair says:
"I liked the special effects.  Worth what I paid.  It was COOL. The 3D looked like it came out of the screen. I found that in real life, we all have a quest, and should try not be tempted by bad things like in the movie. It made sense. I wouldn't recommend it for younger children as there were a few parts that may be scary for them.  WICKED AWESOME!"

"Mrs. Porter" enjoyed the movie too.  Neither of us have read the actual book yet, so we couldn't compare it to the original writings of C. S. Lewis.  On the way home, I jokingly said, as a safety precaution, I would not allow Alisdair to hang any oil paintings of seascapes on his bedroom wall, as I do not want to be responsible for any flooding or damage to the premises!  Perhaps, after reading the book, it would be nice to rent the movie and watch it again.  The movie also provided some "food for thought," as it presented the idea that we all have a purpose and a reason for living.  Afterwards, I thought a bit about what my "quest" might be, at this point in my life.  It was nice to be able to go to a family-orientated wholesome movie and not have to worry about exposing my child to bad language, sexual content or violence.  I hope this will be a box office hit and will receive award nominations, thus encouraging other movie makers to provide more first class entertainment of this calibre. 

No comments:

Post a Comment