Thursday 27 January 2011

CURRICULUM ~ Remember Me Pockets: January ~ AUTHORS - Charles Perrault

I didn't know who Charles Perrault was ~ so I guess I learned something right off the bat!  For those of you, who like me, were unfamiliar with Perrault, he was a French author who is credited with writing the first fairy tales.  He was born on January 12, 1628 in Paris, France.  After studying law and working in the government, under King Louis XIV, he changed career paths and became a writer.  He was 62 years old when he decided to dedicate his efforts toward children's literature.  (So I guess there is hope for me yet to write that  "Great Canadian Novel," as I have a ways to go before reaching the grand age of 62!)

Perrault wrote Tales of Mother Goose, Little Red Riding Hood, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella and Puss In Boots! Though I didn't know him by name, I did know the stories for which he is famous.

Biography Page - Charles Perrault

Worksheet - Sticker Study Format
Again we had an interesting activity to do.  This time the worksheet asked three questions and we cut out little "stickers" with the appropriate answers and glued them in place.  There was also a word list (taken from the biography sheet) with definitions and Alisdair had to fill-in the blanks.

We have some other "book" oriented activities to finish for our January "Remember Me Pockets" but this is the last of the specially highlighted authors.

No comments:

Post a Comment