Monday 4 October 2010

October 3 - CIBC Run for the Cure in Saskatoon



The CIBC Run for the Cure was held on October 3rd at Saskatoon Prairieland Park. This is what happened at the times listed below:
8:00 a.m. Final Registration/Donation Drop-off
9:30 a.m. Opening Ceremonies
9:50 a.m. Warm-up
10:00 a.m. Start of Run
11:30 a.m. Awards Celebration



Mum and I made the 5km run! My feet tingled and I was hot and sweaty but I made it! After we ate some snacks that were supplied such as bagels (I had strawberry jam and Philadelphia cream cheese on mine), juice, water bottles (we didn’t have one), bananas, granola bars, etc.



We got plastic cups to make eggs in the microwave FREE! We got this because the Egg Farmers of Canada helped to sponsor the CIBC Run for the Cure.

People wore funny costumes and some participants had pink wigs while others sported tutus. One man got all his hair and his beard and moustache shaved off on stage since he had met a huge fundraising goal. His grandson started crying because he didn’t know his “new” Grandpa!

Just before we left, I found out that participants could get free massages. So I convinced Mum to let me have one, and to have one herself. It was so relaxing!



I would recommend the CIBC Run for the Cure to others and would like to go again next year – on October 2nd, 2011. We have a fridge magnet to remind us to be involved then, too!

~ This blog entry was written by Alisdair

No comments:

Post a Comment