Sunday 24 October 2010

Proud Saskatchewan Resident Promotes Province

We slept in this morning.  When I got up, Alisdair was online searching for an address.  He wanted to write a letter to Zynga Gaming with a creative idea.  He found an address in San Francisco, and here is the letter we now have in an envelope waiting to be mailed when the post office opens tomorrow:


"I am an 11 year old boy and my Mum and I play Farmville together. I am writing to you because I have an idea for a new theme. Why not have a Saskatchewan Event?

Players could build their own grain elevators where they could store up extra bushels.  Also, you could introduce, as a new bird, the Sharp-tailed Grouse, which is our provincial bird.  We have a green and yellow provincial  flag that could be sold in the market.  You could add the Western Red Lily to the flower collection.  White-tailed deer are our provincial animal, so they could join the White-tailed buck already available. You could grow Saskatoon berries (they  only grow on the prairies).  These could be a Limited Edition 'Masterable' crop. If you don't know what Saskatoon berries are, they are a little bit like blueberries but smaller and dark purple. You can make wine, pies and jam with Saskatoon berries in your crafting buildings, if you also need ideas for those.

I think this is a good idea because we are an agriculturally based  province.  We grow lots of crops because we have lots of  land, but only just over a million people live here.  Of the ones that do call Saskatchewan home, a large percentage are actual farmers!

 I will enclose pictures of the things I listed above so you know how pretty they look. I think it would be fun to wake up one day and listen to the podcast and hear all about the new Saskatchewan theme.

I would like to know what you at Zynga, the makers of Farmville, actually  would think about mixing a farming game with a province that does a lot of farming?  I would greatly appreciate a reply to my suggestions.   I hope to see Farmville continue to be a FUN game for years to come."

And these are the photos, Alisdair chose to enclose:


The Saskatchewan Flag
                                                      
                                                  
Saskatoon Berries

White-tailed deer

Western Red Lily

Sharp-tailed Grouse

Grain Elevator

It will be very interesting to see if the creators of "Farmville" take him up on his suggestions  - and, if they do, if he will get any compensation for providing the original idea.  Before you know it, we could be planting Saskatoon berries and harvesting Western Red Lilies!

No comments:

Post a Comment